Guidelines, Terms & Policies
Volta Media House Ltd
Volta Media House Ltd, Hanover Square, Leeds, LS3 1AP
Keep it civil aka don't be a jerk
We’re going to get into the thick of a lot of heated discussions and that’s okay. These discussions often entail topics that we all personally care a lot about and will passionately defend. But in order for discussions to thrive here, we need to remember to criticize ideas, not people.
So, remember to avoid:
- ad hominem attacks
- responding to a post's tone instead of its actual content
- knee-jerk contradiction
Comments that we find to be hateful, inflammatory, or harassing may be removed. If you don’t have something nice to say about another user, don't say it. Treat others the way you’d like to be treated.
Always strive to add value to every interaction and discussion you participate in
There are a lot of discussions that happen every day. Before joining in a discussion, browse through some of the most recent and active discussions happening in the community, especially if you’re new there.
If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
Keep it tidy
Help make moderators’ lives easier by taking a moment to ensure that what you’re about to post is in the right place. That means:
- don’t post off-topic comments or discussions
- don’t cross-post the same thing multiple times
- review any specific posting guidelines for the community
- check if another active discussion on your topic has already been posted
If you see something, say something
Moderators are at the forefront of combatting spam, mediating disputes and enforcing community guidelines and, so are you.
If you see an issue, contact the moderators if possible or flag any comments for review. If you believe someone has violated the Basic Rules, report it to us by flagging the user's profile.
Terms & Conditions
By accessing the website at https://voltamediahouse.com, https://voltamedia.co, https://youdietwice.com or https://izakjackson.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use Liscence
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Volta Media House LTD's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Volta Media House LTD's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Volta Media House LTD at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Volta Media House LTD's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. Volta Media House LTD makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Volta Media House LTD does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Volta Media House LTD or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Volta Media House LTD's website, even if Volta Media House LTD or a Volta Media House LTD authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Volta Media House LTD's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Volta Media House LTD does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Volta Media House LTD may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Volta Media House LTD does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Volta Media House LTD has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Volta Media House LTD of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Volta Media House LTD may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hanover Square, Leeds, LS3 1AP and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that location.
These Terms of Service are effective as of 25 June 2019.
Your privacy is important to us. It is Volta Media House LTD's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://voltamediahouse.com, https://voltamedia.co, https://youdietwice.com or https://izakjackson.com, and other sites we own and operate.
Information we collect
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. This data is considered “non-identifying information”, as it does not personally identify you on its own. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may also collect data about the device you are using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
We may ask for personal information, such as your:
- email address
- social media profiles
- phone/mobile number
- work address
- payment information
This data is considered “identifying information”, as it can personally identify you. We only request personal information relevant to providing you with a service, and only use it to help provide or improve this service.
How we collect information
We collect information by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used. You are free to refuse our request for this information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services without it.
Use of information
We may use a combination of identifying and non-identifying information to understand who our visitors are, how they use our services, and how we may improve their experience of our website in future. We do not disclose the specifics of this information publicly, but may share aggregated and anonymised versions of this information, for example, in website and customer usage trend reports.
We may use your personal details to contact you with updates about our website and services, along with promotional content that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt out of receiving promotional content, you can follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided alongside any promotional correspondence from us.
Data processing & storage
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in United Kingdom, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. We only transfer data within jurisdictions subject to data protection laws that reflect our commitment to protecting the privacy of our users.
We only retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide a service, or to improve our services in future. While we retain this data, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and cannot guarantee absolute data security.
Our email newsletter uses MailChimp to store you email address. This information is used to send updates from our blogs and for email marketing purposes.
If you are a client, we will also store your information in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. This is used for mananging the data required for sales and any video project you may have with us.
If you request your personal information be deleted, or where your personal information becomes no longer relevant to our operations, we will erase it from our system within a reasonable timeframe.
Third-party access to information
We use third-party services for:
- analytics tracking
- user authentication
- advertising and promotion
- content marketing
- email marketing
- payment processing
These services may access our data solely for the purpose of performing specific tasks on our behalf. We do not share any personally identifying information with them without your explicit consent. We do not give them permission to disclose or use any of our data for any other purpose.
We may, from time to time, allow limited access to our data by external consultants and agencies for the purpose of analysis and service improvement. This access is only permitted for as long as necessary to perform a specific function. We only work with external agencies whose privacy policies align with ours.
We will refuse government and law enforcement requests for data if we believe a request is too broad or unrelated to its stated purpose. However, we may cooperate if we believe the requested information is necessary and appropriate to comply with legal process, to protect our own rights and property, to protect the safety of the public and any person, to prevent a crime, or to prevent what we reasonably believe to be illegal, legally actionable, or unethical activity.
We do not otherwise share or supply personal information to third parties. We do not sell or rent your personal information to marketers or third parties.
This website does not knowingly target children, or collect personal information from children. As a parent/guardian, please contact us if you believe your child is participating in an activity involving personal information on our website, and you have not received a notification or request for consent. We do not use your supplied contact details for marketing or promotional purposes.
Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to this policy
Your rights and responsibilities
As our user, you have the right to be informed about how your data is collected and used. You are entitled to know what data we collect about you, and how it is processed. You are entitled to correct and update any personal information about you, and to request this information be deleted. You may amend or remove your account information at any time, using the tools provided in your account control panel.
You are entitled to restrict or object to our use of your data, while retaining the right to use your personal information for your own purposes. You have the right to opt out of data about you being used in decisions based solely on automated processing.
Feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or questions about how we handle your data and personal information.
VOLTA MEDIA HOUSE LTD DATA CONTROLLER
Izak Jackson ([email protected])
VOLTA MEDIA HOUSE LTD DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Izak Jackson ([email protected])
This policy is effective as of 25 June 2019.
Refunds, Returns & Licenses
Here are our estimated shipping and delivery times:
USA: 5-8 business days
CANADA: 6-12 business days
EUROPE:: 10-20 business days
WORLD: 10-20 business days
Your order will be sent out on average within 3 days of ordering.
International shipments may incur customs fees. The customs policy is different in each country, and the fee is usually based on a variety of factors like weight, value, and size.
We do not take responsibility for customs fees.
Order never arrived
If your order didn't end up arriving, be sure to let us know!
First, check your shipping confirmation and check that you had entered the correct address. If the address was incorrect, we'd be happy to send you another order to the correct address, however, it will have to be at your cost.
If the shipping address was correct, get in touch with us at [email protected] making sure you quote your order number. We'll see what can be done.
Shipments that go unclaimed are returned to our facility and you will be liable for the cost of a reshipment to yourself.
The last thing we want is for you to be stuck with a damaged item. If an order arrives damaged, then please get in touch with a photo within a week's time!
If you're unhappy with the size you've received, first check that the size stated on the garment matches the size stated on the sizing chart. Though rare, it's possible that the garment was mislabelled. Let us know and we'll get you sorted out.
If you'd like a different size, get in touch with us at [email protected] and we'll let you know what your next steps are.
We do not refund orders for buyer’s remorse, and size exchanges can be offered at your expense and discretion. A new order, at your expense, would need to be placed for an updated size.
Digital product license
Our digital products have a multi-use liscence that grants you, the purchaser, an ongoing, non-exclusive, commercial, worldwide license to make use of the content (Item) you have selected, on the following terms.
- You are licensed to use the Item to create multiple End Products that incorporate the Item as well as other things, so that each End Product is larger in scope and different in nature than the Item.
- The license includes the right to utilize the Item through communication to the public (performance), broadcast, display, distribution, and reproduction. Read on for things that you can’t do with the Item.
Free or commercial, monetized or not, for-profit or not-for-profit – you can create as many End Products as you like!
- You can create End Products for yourself or for your clients. If you create an End Product for a client, then this license is sub-licensed to your client only for use in that specific End Product
This means that your client can use the Item within the End Product on these license terms. But your client cannot extract or use the Item separate from the End Product! You are responsible for making sure that your client is aware of this, and these license terms.
- You can make any number of copies of each End Product. You can distribute an End Product through multiple media, and you can broadcast it or make it available online to an unlimited number of viewers.
- You can modify or manipulate the Item, or combine the Item with other works, to suit each End Product. The resulting works based on the Item are subject to the terms of this license. You cannot claim ownership to the Item, whether it’s in original form or altered under this clause. You can do the things allowed in this clause as long as each End Product you then create is one that’s permitted under clause 1.
- You can’t re-distribute the Item as a video clip, as stock, in a tool or template, or with source files. You can’t do this with an Item either on its own or bundled with other items, even if you modify the Item. You also can’t re-distribute the Item as-is or with superficial modifications.
- You can’t use the Item in any application allowing an end user to customize a digital or physical product to their specific needs, such as an “on demand”, “made to order” or “build it yourself” application.
- You can’t use the Item (or still images extracted from it) for merchandising, which means an End Product where the primary value of the product lies in the Item itself.
- You must not permit an end user to extract the Item and use it separately from an End Product.
- You can’t claim trademark or service mark rights over the Item within an End Product.
- You can only use the Item for lawful purposes. Also, you can’t use Item in connection with defamatory, obscene or demeaning material, or in connection with sensitive subjects.
- You must not use the Item in violation of any export laws that apply to you.
- This license applies in conjunction with the Volta Media House Terms for your use of the Volta Media House Store. If there is an inconsistency between this license and the Volta Media Terms, this license will apply to the extent necessary to resolve the inconsistency.
- This license can be terminated if you breach it and don’t remedy the breach. If termination happens, you must stop using the Item, which includes no longer making copies of or distributing End Products until you remove the Item from them. This license can also be terminated for only the End Products to which a breach relates (rather than all End Products). In this case, this clause applies only to those End Products.
- The author of the Item retains ownership of the Item but grants you the license on these terms. You can’t claim ownership of the Item, even if modified under clause 5, or example through content identification systems.
- This license is between Volta Media House Ltd and you.
This policy is effective as of 25 June 2019.